Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you receive universal credit you will now need to apply separately for Free School Meals.
You can apply online by following this link
If you child is in KS1 you should apply anyway as this brings extra money into school to support your child.
Please call in and see us if you have any questions or need access to the internet in order to apply.
Icy conditions on Bruce Avenue
There are extremely icy conditions on Bruce Avenue and surrounding roads this morning.
The temperature is set to rise and we are currently gritting our drive and path ways.
School is OPEN today but we will be keeping registration open until 10am. This is to allow staggered arrivals on site, reduce traffic on the surrounding roads at peak times and give extra time to travel safely.
Smartie Pants Assembly will be held on Monday morning at 9.10am
We will update any changes on our blogs, Facebook and Twitter and via text message.
F1 am – Tuesday 7, 14, 21st Nov
F1 pm – Tuesday 7th Nov
F2 LP – Friday 10th Nov a.m.
F2 CE – Tuesday 28th Nov, 5, 12, 19th December
CIRP – Thursday 9th November a.m.
Y1 JL – Wed 8th Nov a.m., Tues 21st Nov pm
Y2 CV – Wed 8th Nov p.m.
Y1 KH – Thursday 9th Nov p.m.
Y2 KB – Wed 15th Nov a.m.
Y2 SJ – Thurs 16th Nov a.m.
Y3 GW – Wed 22nd Nov p.m. Fri 1st Dec a.m.
Y3 RW – Wed 22nd Nov a.m.
Y3 JM – Thurs 23rd Nov a.m.
Y4 AB – Thur 30th Nov a.m.
Y4 JW – Fri 8th Dec a.m.
Y5 – Thurs 7th Dec a.m.
Y6CC – Wed 13th Dec a.m.
Y6 JH – Thurs 14th Dec a.m
Coming up on October 26th – we hope you can join us!
On Wednesday 27th September we will be marking our 50th Birthday with a special day of celebrations. In the morning we will be stepping back in time to a 1967 school day.
Learners are invited to join in the fun and come to school dressed in a 1960’s style.
We’ve had lots of questions about what is allowed as part of dress up – does it have to be a particular style? The answer is no! Any link to 1960’s style is allowed. The fashion trends in the 1960s were diverse – hippy styles, swing dresses, twin sets and much more! It’s all allowed.
We don’t want you to have to spend ages looking for specific styles or spending lots of money to create an outfit.
We found an old school photo from 1967 which shows what some children wore to school. There are lots of items you might already have.
The boys were wearing trousers with a shirt and tie; jumper or a t-shirt with a collar.
The girls were wearing pattered dresses with knee high socks, cardigans, skirts and blouses.
They didn’t wear sports clothing like football shirts so these can’t be worn.
Learners don’t have to join in with the dressing up part of the day – if they (and you) prefer they can come in uniform as usual. They can still join in all the fun of the day.
If you need any ideas or help please don’t hesitate to come and ask.
As you will be aware, we currently have some building work underway on our internal quad and KS1 corridor.
Until the building work is finished there will be a temporary entrance for Breakfast Club. Anyone wishing to attend breakfast club should walk past reception and round the front of the building to the entrance near to the sports hall. The door is now signed as ‘Breakfast Club Entrance.
Registration and payment will be collected inside breakfast club.
This is a temporary arrangement until the building works are complete.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for you patience during the ongoing works.
Thursday 7th Sept
AM – Y1 JL
PM -Y1 KH
Friday 8TH Sept
AM – Cirp
Wednesday 13th Sept
AM – Y2 KB
Thursday 14th Sept
AM – Y2 SJ
Friday 15th Sept
AM – Y2CV
Wed 20th Sept
AM – F2 CE
Thurs 21st Sept
AM – Y3 RW
Wed 4th Oct
AM – Y3GW
Thursday 5th Oct
AM – Y3 JM
Thurs 12th Oct
AM – Y4 JW
Fri 13th Oct
AM – Y4 AB
Mon 23rd Oct
AM – Y5
Wed 25th Oct
AM – Y6 CC
Thurs 26th Oct
AM – Y6 JH
Tuesday Sept 12/19/26 Oct 3/10
F1 Morning group
Tuesday Oct 17/24 Nov 7/14/21
Access to our drive way is restricted between 8.30am and 9.00am and again between 3.00pm – 3.45pm.
A reminder of these arrangements is as follows:
- The school gates will be closed between 8.30am -9.00am and again between 3pm and 3.45pm
- The gates will be manned by staff, who will grant access to passes and permit holders only during these times
- Gates will only be opening to allow people onto site during these times. No exit from the drive will be permitted until after the restricted period.
- Permits and passes will be given to the following groups
- Staff of School, Daycare & Family Centre who have a valid staff ID card or permit
- Visitors who have been issued with a visitor permit
- Disabled learners/families and blue badge holders
- Learners transported to school by Taxi and with a travel escort by arrangement with the Local Authority
- Rising Stars Daycare families who have been issued with a parking permit
- Visitors to the Family Centre who have been issued with a valid permit
- Any other person issued with a valid permit that is presented at the gate
- Permits will be issued by the Headteacher.
- Parents and carers may apply for a permit to access the drive during these times if they feel being unable to do so will pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of their child or themselves. Applications should be submitted to the Headteacher and will be issued at the discretion of the Headteacher.
- Anyone without a valid permit will be required to find alternative parking away from the school site during these times.
Permits issued before July must now be renewed for the new school year. Please contact Reception to renew your Parking Permit