Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you receive universal credit you will now need to apply separately for Free School Meals.
You can apply online by following this link
If you child is in KS1 you should apply anyway as this brings extra money into school to support your child.
Please call in and see us if you have any questions or need access to the internet in order to apply.