Many thanks to everyone who has responded to our consultation. We have received a number of responses, the majority of which support the proposals and so I am writing to inform you that the new arrangements will be in place from Monday 22nd May 2017. This will initially be a trial period and will be reviewed at the end of June 2017.
A reminder of these arrangements is as follows:
- The school gates will be closed between 8.30am -9.15am and again between 3pm and 3.45pm
- The gates will be manned by staff, who will grant access to passes and permit holders only during these times
- Gates will only be opening to allow people onto site during these times. No exit from the drive will be permitted until after the restricted period.
- Permits and passes will be given to the following groups
- Staff of School, Daycare & Family Centre who have a valid staff ID card or permit
- Visitors who have been issued with a visitor permit
- Disabled learners/families and blue badge holders
- Learners transported to school by Taxi and with a travel escort by arrangement with the Local Authority
- Rising Stars Daycare families who have been issued with a parking permit
- Visitors to the Family Centre who have been issued with a valid permit
- Any other person issued with a valid permit that is presented at the gate
- Permits will be issued by the Headteacher.
- Parents and carers may apply for a permit to access the drive during these times if they feel being unable to do so will pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of their child or themselves. Applications should be submitted to the Headteacher and will be issued at the discretion of the Headteacher.
- Anyone without a valid permit will be required to find alternative parking away from the school site during these times.
All parents and carers who have applied for a permit and meet the criteria above should have received a permit today. Further applications can be submitted to the school office or passed to myself for consideration.
Blue badge holders do not require a permit as long as they are able to present their blue badge on arrival.
I am aware that, whilst this measure will improve safety on the school site, it does not resolve the issue of congestion and the volume of traffic on Bruce Avenue, which remains a concern for many of you and so we ask that all parents and carers continue to be responsible and mindful of the safety for everyone during very busy times.
Finally I ask for your continued support and patience as we begin implement the new arrangements from next week.
If you have any further questions about this matter please do not hesitate to contact me.Restricted access parking letter 2